Wednesday, February 11, 2009

BY WAY OF INTRODUCTION



I am a single woman on the far side of seventy, living in a lovely but isolated coastal area of Nova Scotia, a classic "have-not" province on Canada's East Coast. Being over 70, I have pretty well seen it all; and being an educated woman who thinks for herself I have formed opinions and seen trends as they developed in the past and have been able to apply them to current issues.


I have embraced computer technology as the way out of geographical and economic isolation and have learned to market my business successfully through an online presence.


Many years ago I recall my mother who was then in her eighties telling me that the major advantage to aging was in being able to say anything she wanted to - which she sometimes did, to my embarassment, very loudly on the main shopping street in town on a Saturday morning. I have decided to be a tad more discreet and use a blog as my forum.


I hope what I have to say will resonate with you.

3 comments: